Visiting The German Christmas Markets | Blogmas Day 2

Visiting The German Christmas Markets | Blogmas Day 2

So this is my second Blogmas post for the festive season, I hope you are having a wonderful December. I decided to go with a travel theme for today’s post to focus on something that really makes it seem like Christmas.

German Christmas Markets

When November comes around, you know it isn’t long until the shops start bringing out their decorations and the Christmas music begins to play. It’s also when the some cities across the UK start with the German Christmas Markets. The last time I really had chance to explore the markets with a few years ago now, school and exams got in the way.

Now that I have left school, it means I can really start to enjoy my weekends and evenings. After 3 years of constant revision every day for my GCSE’s and A-Levels, I can finally relax. With no guilt over not revising. When I heard the markets were in town I made a trip over to Birmingham to have a look around.

Birmingham German Christmas Market

I made the trip on a chilly Monday afternoon and managed to have a lovely walk around the town whilst it was still quite. On weekends it gets really busy, there is no room to move or really have a look what’s on offer. The best time to visit is during the week, it is a bit quieter than and it gives the perfect opportunity to get the atmosphere of the place. Nothing beats sipping on a hot beverage whilst enjoying the evening. The lights make everywhere look so pretty.

As the night draws in the mood changes, it becomes more cosy as everyone huddles closer because of the frosty evening. It’s great to have a wander around and get to browse the variety of products on offer, across all of the different stalls.

Frankfurt Christmas Market

Blogmas Travel Post

There are so many different stalls spread across the high street. You can have a good walk up the high street from the bull up to library on one side. Then back down on the other. There are plenty of areas to grab a bit to eat such as toasted marshmallows or Bratwurst! If you have never been to the German Markets before, the Birmingham ones are worth a visit. Then once you’re done having a look around you can hit the Bull Ring for a bit of shopping.

Birmingham Christmas

German Markets Soft Toys

How adorable are these little teddy bears! I always have a soft spot for a big teddy bear! They are so adorable!!

Let me know if you have ever been to a German Christmas Market. If so which city did you go to? Do you go to the markets as part of an annual occasion or do you just go certain years? Let me know!

Adell x

10 Comments

1. 2nd December 2017 / 10:17 AM

Amazing post, Adell, I wasn’t aware there are German christmas markets in the UK. But looks authentic 😉 ! Have a great and peaceful festive season, Adell! Marcus

• 6th December 2017 / 9:26 AM

There’s German and Christmas markets all across the UK this time of year and it’s wonderful as you can get some wonderful items from across Europe.

I hope you have a wonderful festive season yourself ☺️

2. 2nd December 2017 / 2:32 PM

I’ve been to several in Germany, Austria, Switzerland and France and they are a lot of fun. if you leave hungry it’s because you didn’t bother to buy anything to eat.

• 6th December 2017 / 9:23 AM

Did you notice any differences between the different markets across the counties ?

• 6th December 2017 / 12:52 PM

slight differences and obviously each had their own gluhwein cup. I actually liked trying the diffeent foods at each. I loved the sausage sandwiches in Nurnberg. then there was the Berliners in Lucerne. I had pizza i Strasbourg and chocolate in Bern and Regensberg. Wurzberg and Rothenberg Ober Tauber was hot chocolate. I found hand blown Christmas tree angels in Passau. I think the real fun was just exploring each one.

• 6th December 2017 / 9:07 PM

Wow each one sounds amazing and they look like they offer something different and unique. I might have to visit some of those markets as they sound so cosy!

• 6th December 2017 / 9:16 PM

I understand the UK has some fabulous markets. I’d love to see them one day.

3. 2nd December 2017 / 5:35 PM

Well I’m going to Germany for Christmas and if they don’t have this amazing markets I’m going to protest! 😂🎄 Your photos are AMAZING by the way!!! xx

• 6th December 2017 / 9:22 AM

Thank you!! Have fun in Germany I’m sure it will be lovely there! I hope to visit Germany at some point as it is one of my dream travel destinations x

4. 13th December 2017 / 11:23 AM